There is a deeply held belief that the only constant thing is change. Well, we wouldn't argue otherwise. Especially change is inherent in technology. The world is getting smarter every day with new technologies and innovations. For people, there is no other way but to learn how to interact closely with the high-tech world. Business, too, has to get more and more technologically confident as long as it's online. Scale up or die. This is not just a marketing trick, this is reality.
For business growth, advanced and high-tech tools are needed. Typically, big businesses can create websites and applications on their own. However, as it has been proven time and again, it is better to hire dedicated experts for this purpose. And it is not just about saving time or money. Today’s users are quite demanding.
They have a wide range of companies and websites to interact with while choosing the best one. To be chosen, your web solution must meet future customers’ needs. It should not only sell but also inform, entertain and help. After all, people should like it. Such a versatile website could be created thanks to full-stack development.
Any technological stack implies a set of functions and technologies that are necessary for software product development. These include libraries, frameworks, servers, databases, etc. The software product, in turn, consists of two large parts: the front-end and the back-end.
The front-end is the client side, it is visible to users when they load the page. The back-end is the server side. It includes all the processes that take place on the server side and are invisible to users, but the result of which allows interacting with the site.
When talking about full-stack development, its versatility must be kept in mind. And that's why.
The same full-stack JS developer can quickly switch between back-end and front-end. There is no need for an additional specialist, which could be a designer or a programmer. All technical difficulties can be solved by one person.
The work in unity is equally important for any industry. Software development is no exception. When developers are good at both back-end and front-end, the risk of misunderstandings between colleagues is reduced.
All technologies are accessible, free of charge, and suitable for tasks of any complexity.
Great application performance
This is the technology giants' choice
The latest in software technology
The full-stack developers are widely qualified professionals. They keep a close eye on trends to keep abreast of issues they are involved in. Obviously, these experts bring new ideas and approaches to the projects they work with.
Deep understanding of any working issue
It’s not just about solving problems. With a deep understanding of technology, developers resolve major problems, addressing not only their consequences but also the causes, preventing the reappearance of such complexity.
Saving time and money
It’s not the best solution for heavy computing
JS frameworks are best used to develop advanced applications. And at the same time, this is not the technology to be chosen for complex computing applications. Incoming requests may be blocked due to the computing process, which makes it difficult for the application to run smoothly. However, if you are not going to create such solutions, you can safely ignore this shortcoming.
There may be delays
Full-stack development has been a relatively young technology as well as its database so far. The situation is changing through its use by leading companies.
To see the big picture, we need to see where it all started:
At that time, the goal was to come up with something similar to Java, taking advantage of its burst of popularity. The result is a language that satisfies different audiences such as component writers, enterprise-level professionals, scripters, and designers.
Let's see what this programming language is used for.
- Netflix (streaming service);
- Trello (task management system);
- PayPal (online payment system);
- LinkedIn (social networking site for a job search);
- Walmart (online store);
- Uber (taxi booking application);
- E-bay - (eCommerce platform).
- It is supported by most browsers;
- Easy to learn and widely used;
- Compatible with other programming languages such as Java, PHP, .NET, Ruby, or Python;
- It works fast because no compilation is required;
- It is regularly updated through the ECMA specification;
- The code runs in the browser, which makes the server less loaded;
Responsive web design
Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) can be used for these purposes:
- Get data for your website from other sources;
- Drop-down menu;
- Animated page elements;
- Audio and video playback;
- New content uploading without having to refresh the page, and much more.
- Users entering their requests;
- The letters and the whole sentences are getting read and sent to a server;
- The answers are immediately displayed on the client side.
The risk of replacing custom-tailored solutions with one-size-fits-all ones
- No copy or equivalent method;
- Only a single inheritance;
A lot of things can be created with this language and even more. The main areas of the JS application are listed below.
Smartwatches and mobile applications
Machine Learning, IoT, and robots
We've talked a lot about frameworks before. Let's take a closer look at this issue.
The framework is a ready-made solution for website development. They are often compared to real bricks - a similar principle of use is applied, namely, to create a large structure using small ready-made elements. Indeed, why reinvent the wheel and create code from scratch when ready-made code solutions have existed for a long time?
The total number of JS frameworks is about 24, the key ones are as follows:
The questions to be asked when selecting a framework:
- What is the framework for? What option will be implemented?
- How easy-to-use is the framework?
- What is the budget?
- Which browsers are you interested in?
- How supportive is the framework community?
- Is it possible to increase productivity of developers working on your projects with its help?
- Is it possible to reuse the code?
You will get a better idea of which framework to use in your project once you receive the technical documentation and understand what your future product should be like.
The word MEAN is an acronym for JS tools such as:
The AngularJS framework is used for front-end development. It ensures that the information on the page is updated without reloading it. The result is reduced site bandwidth, improved web page performance, and user interface.
The Express.js framework consists of a set of functions, utilities, and methods to create an API.
Advantages of JS frameworks
Other benefits of frameworks:
- They eliminate unnecessary DOM (Document Object Model) management code and thus allow developers to focus on the main tasks without extra work;
- Frameworks solve problems separating the client and server sides by creating two separate applications for back-end and front-end development, which simplifies source code handling;
- JS frameworks are ideal for creating single page web applications (SPA). This is how Google Maps, Gmail, Facebook works.
However, the main feature of JS frameworks is that they provide fast, productive, and time-saving operation, which is crucial when it comes to large projects.
Your benefits of using JS-based frameworks
- Your software solution is highly interactive;
- Users access contents in just a few clicks;
- Asynchronous data loading with formatting option is available;
- Data can be split up for reuse.
- The current Internet is impossible without it.
- Without this programming language, there would be no search engines, online stores, content management systems, social networks, and mobile applications.
- Interaction is much more transparent;
- There's no disagreement - everyone is equally well-versed in all aspects of development;
- The software development life cycle is shortened;
- Work is more flexible and done on time.
Using the same programming language for back-end and front-end development is a beneficial time-cost trade-off.
Want to discuss project development? Let us know so that we can answer your questions and help you build an efficient web application.