Convert ios app to android: 6 tips why you must do it
10 months ago
It is officially reported there are a copious amount of mobile gears, many multiple OS, many mobile users, lots of mobile-friendly solutions globally. Having an app running iOS, think of porting it to the Android-powered app. The Google Play Store growing by 82% in January 2017, the total number of apps reaching 2.7 million is the primary argument while Apple’s Store grew by 60%, having 2.2 million apps. To boost business growth and profit, take into consideration following six tips how to convert iOS app to Android.
Android's leadership in the market
According to Statista survey, 85% devices runs Android OS in the global market of smartphones: it means every 85 devices out of 100 are Android-powered. More than 14 million active gears run Android OS and used globally in view of inexpensive services, deals, accessible price tag. Android’s market of smartphones is getting bigger, proceeding to rule, making porting existing iPhone app to Android is a closely reasoned argument.
Some specific features of Android
When porting attention should be centred on the crucial chance of Android platform as compared to iPhone platform. Applied Android-unique features are provided below to engage user deeper:
- Setting an app as default. Android OS is customizable. It provides to set the app as default. It usually happens to messaging apps.
- Two applications running at once. It is not available to run two apps side-by-side on iPhone as compared to an iPad. Multi-window is accessible on various Android devices. It is very convenient while juggling between two apps.
- Customizable home screens, folder sizes. Templates or home screen designs, folders are easier to build on iPhone. Android is based on the features to enable greater customization of home screen icon locations by using folders. It helps to apply better the screen’s sizes while being opened.
- Sharing. Content (text, photos, location, URL attachments) can be shared due to the share dialogue options. Interactive posts and deep linking is used in the app in addition.
- Google integration. Android-powered devices are integrated without much effort with Google’s array of services. They are more and more applied services to hit the web: Google Docs, Google Drive, Google+, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Chrome, etc. Actually, iOS devices are enhanced by many Google services. Although this level of integration simply is not there, making Google services usage essential factor.
Laying emphasis on fragmentation can reduce Android app development cost
Android deployment and design costs approximately the same as creating an iOS app. Google’s provided data helps to make an efficient solution for bringing into focus Android’s gears and OS versions. It helps to spend less money by reducing the time for Android-powered apps’ development and design. Analysing the applications' landing page traffic, interacting with customers directly can help to generate leads, to make app development uncomplicated.
More beta testers
Simple publication process, many devices, many OS versions make the elaboration on Android platform more captious. Early bug-fixes can break new applications success in the app store. The beta test is permitted on the Android platform to check the code double, to assure the app is fixed before being launched. It can be easily found on Android platform.
Effortless Android publishing on Google Play
Another great reason is fast and easy getting an application on the Google Store:
- The app becomes available for downloading in a few hours after deployment.
- It is permitted to update your app numerous times a day in case of need to be fixed before launching.
- Publishing the app on iPhone OS requires various levels of iOS team's approval, taking up to a week.
App’s Monetization using Android platform
Android’s app downloads are increasing due to numerous users globally: 85% of the global market and 52% of the US market are controlled by Android. According to the recent research, Google Play consumer spend gained traction in 2017, having shown strong growth.
Selecting the right model to monetize your application is the most vital and most challenging to succeed. Discover the most cost efficient ways, helping to map out and to make a profit on, are below:
- In-App Advertising. The app's holder can sell data-driven advertising space and make a profit. It is permitted to download the app charge-free.This model is the most alluring for users.
- In-App Purchases. Goods, services are sold as another way to gain profit, making the app the sales channel. This variant matches well for eCommerce/mCommerce brands, leading to deeper engagement.
- Paywalls. There is an ability to earn money on locked content based on this variant of monetization. A user is permitted to view and to use a pre-configured amount of content for free. It lets to gain profit on a periodically recurring. It is equal to ‘pay later’ or ‘free trial’ model.
- Freemium. The idea is: the app is free of cost with some gated features. Premium and advanced features are gated. Access can be got by paying. This model is applied in the game applications.
- Paid Apps. It is not permitted to download content free of cost. It should be bought from the store optionally. The marketing team is central to convince users in buying the app solution instead of looking for the free.
- Sponsorship. Being the newest feature, it insists on partnering with advertising customers who recompense user while completing specific in-apps.
Drawing a Line
Considering all the above, it is well-reasoned to convert the app from iOS to Android:
- Occupying new market, access to new potential customers.
- Ads-driven app and freemium monetization models have proven unbelievably effective methods of gaining profit.
- Extended functionality, new features are presented to help in building new, profitable applications on the distribution.
- The beta test gives the opportunity to fix any technical or user experience issues before release it widely.
- Easy and quick publishing on Google Play Store.
DDI Development team has a vast experience of development on different platforms, the app’s converting. Our highly skilled and dedicated team will be able to find the ideal solution for your business by exploiting functional, user-friendly application, or convert iOS code to Android.