Handy Smart TV is an app that allows users to control their Android-based smart TVs via their phonesview project
The idea behind the Handy Smart TV was to simplify smart TV controls by synchronizing smartphones with Android television sets. Our role was to provide a vision on design solutions, build the app from scratch, and enable seamless integration with numerous Android TV devices. Our high-priority goals were:
- building a simple and fast synchronization procedure;
- testing and implementing additional capabilities that the app was going to deliver on top of the standard Smart-TV features;
- enabling the broad compatibility with numerous Android TV boxes;
- designing an intuitive interface that would both replicate existing feature sets of TVs and provide a touch-screen remote control.
- Synchronization with TV box: via Wi-Fi;
- Synchronization modes: active and passive (the passive mode allows for operating television software via a phone simultaneously to watching TV);
- Supported features: text input, multi-touch, both text and voice search;
- Software and hardware compatibility: all Android versions from 4.0 and higher; Android-TV boxes based on the Rockchip RK 3288/3188/3066 processors;
- Design: replicating TV layout with use of the XML language; an integrated remote control tool;
- Database and data interchange: SQLite and JSON.
Today more than 100 thousand people are utilizing the app to operate their Android-based TVs. Handy Smart TV is one of the most efficient solutions on the market that allow users to avoid purchasing expensive additional control tools.