Case Study: How we have developed a Knowledge Sharing Platform
4 months ago
Knowledge solutions are increasingly becoming more accessible and functional to other people and organisations around the world. Technology has had a tremendous impact on knowledge sharing and inspired the development of robust software solutions.
As innovative technologies continue to emerge, the knowledge sharing platforms continue to evolve in responding to new demands and challenges and to be used on a daily basis and with proven results.
Client and Requirements
Our client is an organization which was looking for a development company who could build a learning solution knowledge sharing platform for their business.
The main concept is creating an online community and a marketplace for members to share and trade knowledge, information and education in a variety of forms.
It provides an evolving knowledge platform where anybody can share or sell their knowledge and expertise, while also making it easier to locate and interact with the world’s subject matter experts.
- The data and overall functionality are synchronized across the global servers, so we had to ensure everything is working as it should.
- Multiple users are logging in at the same time globally, so multi-user support has been provided.
- The client wanted an in-depth knowledge area customization option available for the users through the website, allowing them to choose the suitable one amongst others.
- The platform should be responsive to ensure it could be used easily on mobiles and tablets.
- Social media elements should be integrated into the knowledge platform.
- Payment gateways integration allows charging your customers' credit/debit card directly from the website.
- REST architecture was used to raise performance and simplify platform structure.
- Scrum methodology was used while knowledge sharing platform development. It focused on the client involvement, flexible planning, current estimate, risk mitigation in order to complete the project effectively and successfully.
- An elegant and intuitive web design was created based on the client’s requirements.
- The following technologies and tools were applied while development: Python, Flask, DSE Enterprise(cassandra, SOLR, Spark), Angular, HTML, SCSS.
Also, you can read: How to create Online Learning Management System
The Major Features
- Account type selection
There are three variants to create an account type: Standard, Solo Publisher and Organisation. Standard is a free to use account, the Solo Publisher and Organisation accounts are all chargeable.
Each plan offers differing bandwidth and file-based storage limit leads to the varying levels of functionality access. The bandwidth or storage limit can be used up during the term, so the user/organisation should upgrade the account or purchase an additional limit.
- A wide range of expertise
As a knowledge Provider or Seeker you can find a lot of information in a wide range of categories. You can sell valuable knowledge and expertise in the different spheres.
- Stable currency within the platform
Own currency - credit - is used within the platform. It can be bought with pounds. There has been provided four variants to make a purchase:
- 10 credits can be purchased for £10.
- 50 credits can be purchased for £50.
- 100 credits can be purchased for £95.
- 500 credits can be purchased for £450.
- Secure Payment Mechanism
Our team has created a highly secure payment mechanism in order to protect your personal data. It prevents a malicious “eavesdropper” from intercepting your data and using it to steal your identity or cause your financial loss.
Understanding why the platform is being created and what problems it will resolve is crucial to succeeding. DDI Development team has elicited and analysed client’s specification requirements in order to implement the learning solution - knowledge sharing platform with the following effect:
- Simplified and scalable learning process for individual or enterprise usage.
- Earning money while sharing.
- Facilitating research and access to relevant information and resources.
- Multi-currency processing.
- Targeting the world renowned subject matter experts and organisations to become Knowledge Providers.
- Freemium concept is used to encourage usage.